Friday, July 24, 2009

Emerging Technology 2

For the secong emerging technology post I explored Garage Band 3. I used the Garage Band feature for the first time last week, after just getting my Mac. Although I know not everyone has this feature on their computer but there are alot of helpful ways to create music whether its just for fun or professional. Since I don't create music on a regular basis it was fun to see how this worked. I decided to take a closer look at see what I could create!

There are several features to learn and create music. The first is the learn to play feature which allows you to learn the chords and and finger placement at your own pace. There are nine interactive videos to make the process of learning guitar or piano easier. Below is a youtube video of this feature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWiDTf6E4NM

Once you have the basics down you can learn songs from famous artists. Although you have to purchase most of the songs, there are some previews to look at. This is also taught step by step in a video. Below is a quick link to take a look at of how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4P4DkrLgNA

You can also turn your computer (Mac) into an instrument. I plugged my USB into the keyboard and there are different intruments you can use. It shows the rest and gives a detailed compisition of the music.

You can take it even farther and record and mix music. You can sing, record and have choices between what you think sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment